Home  |  About Us  |  News & Views  |  Articles & Studies  |  Meditations |  E-periodical  |  Guest Log  |  Contact Us

News & Views

Our effort through this section is to highlight news that matters to Christian believers around world.
Either it affirms our faith, encouraging us to hold on to the Lord or it is a warning to us to take care.
If any reader gets across such information, please feel free to pass it on to us.
You can write to infoATgracepeace.net or to any other email id found in this website.

Big Bang Experiment – in Search of ‘God particle'

Laboratory recreation of the Big Bang that scientists believed to have created the universe has begun near Geneva on Wednesday September 14, 2008 . It is considered to be the largest and most expensive scientific experiment in human history.

Scientists admit that they know only 4% of the universe and the remaining 96% is unknown. It is still a mystery that what actually holds universe together and accelerates its expansion? Some suggests that there are many universes, each with different features.

Scientists believe that this universe was the size of a small coin before it exploded in a massive explosion called ‘Big Bang'. For over 20 years, thousands of researchers from 80 countries (1200 from USA and over a 100 from India ) were developing this Large Hadron Collider(LHC) to reconstruct the ‘Big Bang'. The project is organized by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) with a total cost of $9billion.

What happened on Wednesday was only the beginning of the experiments. Around 9000 physicists from around the globe will conduct test here for the next several years.

One of the major goals of this experiment is to know the structure and the origin of the universe. They want to find out ‘Higgs boson' that gives mass to sub-atomic particles. British Scientist Stephen Hawking calls it the ‘God particle'.

In India a 17 year old girl committed suicide just before the experiment, fearing that the world is going to end as some predicted!

The wonder at the creation of the universe and the quest to comprehend its mystery is commendable. Psalmist says, “ The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament show His handiwork.” Psalm.119:1.

Alas, man with all his effort-consider the enormous cost, the huge man power and time spent on this experiment- is trying to find out the origin of the universe, keeping aside the true creator, the Almighty God!

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which were seen were not made of things which are visible ”. Hebrews.11:3

Next:-Persecution in Orissa, India

Prepared by Nelson Thomas as part of his teaching ministry.
Though you are free to use it for your personal study,utilizing in any other form is prohibited.
Please feel free to write to the author for details. Or contact    info@gracepeace.net
 Origin of Man  |  New Start  |  Faith Under Trial  | Christology_1  | Christology_2  |   True Love  |    Audio|